Charred Broccolini with Pecorino, Black Sesame and a Fried Egg
A tried and true recipe from Matty’s vault, in this episode we prepare a delicious dish for the whole family that can be enjoyed on its own or as a part of your favourite meal, any time of the year!
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat in a medium sized pot.
- Roughly chop your broccoli crown and your onion, then sauté in the butter. Add in 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and 1 can of cream of broccoli soup and stir. Then, add 1⁄2 cup of no salt added chicken broth and continue to stir until your broccoli has softened, not mushy (about 5 minutes).
- Add your mix to a blender, and blend at low speed to start, and turn up as your vegetables begin to puree. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to help emulsify your puree and create a beautiful texture.
- Pause your blender to taste, add 1 tablespoon of salt to taste and the juice of half a lemon. Blend on low for 30 seconds to combine ingredients.
- Using a box grater, grate 250g of pecorino cheese and add this to your puree. Blend on low to finish your puree. Pour into a bowl and set to the side.
- Turn your oven to its high broil setting. On a large baking tray with a wire rack, place your broccolini out evenly on the wire rack and coat with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place baking tray in the middle of the oven and allow the broccolini to char. Flip once and remove from the oven once the broccolini is charred and blackened at the tips, and the stems are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, grind your black sesame seeds in a mortar and pestle until they are a dust. Using a cast iron pan, pour olive oil into the pan and fry one egg on medium heat, until the edges are crispy.
- When your broccolini has been broiled for long enough, carefully remove and cut the stems into 3 equal parts for plating.
- In the bottom of a serving bowl, pour in two small ladles of puree and rest your broccolini on top. Pour a ladle of puree over your broccolini, then add a pinch of Korean chilli powder, black sesame and lemon juice; then top your dish with a fried egg. Finish with a generous helping of grated pecorino, a drizzle of olive oil, and pepper.
- When youre eating, break the yolk of the egg so that the egg yolk oozes through!
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Chicken Broth
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Broccoli Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox