Cheese-Stuffed Chicken and Creamy Rice
<span style="font-family:arial,arial_msfontservice,sans-serif;font-size:11pt"><span style="background-color:inherit">Think stuffed chicken is only for special occasions? This easy chicken dish for two couldn’t be easier to put together, even on a busy night.</span></span><span style="font-family:arial,arial_msfontservice,sans-serif;font-size:11pt"> </span>
- Holding knife parallel to cutting board, slice chicken breasts horizontally almost but not quite all the way through; open like a book. Sprinkle with half of the cheese, garlic and half of the basil. Fold chicken over to close.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken 3-4 minutes per side. Remove to plate.
- Stir soup, water, rice and lemon juice into pan; bring to boil. Return chicken to pan; cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Stir rice mixture.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining cheese. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand until cheese is melted and liquid is absorbed into rice, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
- You can also use 2 large boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe. Skip the cutting step and instead, roll out the thighs; sprinkle inside of chicken as directed; re-roll up; secure with toothpick. Continue as directed, adding 2 minutes per side during browning.
- Serve with your favourite green vegetable, or for a one-pot meal, stir 1 ½ cups (375 mL) broccoli florets into rice mixture at the end of step 3.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Cream of Chicken
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox