A great recipe using chicken, try our chicken cacciatore recipe tonight.
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag toss flour and chicken to coat evenly.
- Warm oil in a large heavy bottom ovenproof saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and cook bacon until fully cooked. Remove bacon from pan and set aside.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown chicken pieces evenly,about 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- Discard all but 1 tsp of the oil. Add onion and mushrooms and cook until tender,about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add chicken,bacon,stock,diced tomato and rosemary and bring to a boil. Cover and bake for about 90 minutes at 325°F (170°C) oven or until chicken is very tender and cooked through.
- Remove chicken pieces from pot and ladle vegetables and braising liquid over chicken.
- For a more elegant presentation puree vegetables and stock with a hand blender,or in a standard blender,and then ladle over chicken.
- You may serve this dish with the traditional pasta accompaniment or with roasted or mashed potatoes.
- Spice this recipe up with red peppers, green pepper, or black pepper.
- Don't hesitate to prepare this recipe using chicken breasts or olive oil.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Chicken stock
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox