This recipe is easy, delicious and made with Campbell’s Cream of Chicken and No Salt Added Chicken Broth to help fortify the Chicken flavour. We take Dijon, baby potatoes, white wine, leeks, fennel and crispy chicken thighs to make this flavour explosion!
- Take a cast iron or heavy bottom pan and coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil, or a neutral oil of your choice. Set to medium heat.
- Season your chicken thighs with salt and freshly cracked pepper, then add to your pan with the skin side down. You will be cooking these skin side down for 90% of the time, and then you will be flipping these for the last few minutes.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil, season with salt and add two large handfuls of baby potatoes. Set aside, boiling until they are tender.
- To begin building your sauce, take a second pan and set to medium heat and put a little oil in the bottom of the pan.
- Dice one medium sized onion and add to your pan, then cut the stems off your fennel and set some of the fronds to the side for garnishing later. Remove the core of the fennel, and then dice half of it up just like an onion, add to your pan. Using the white part of the leek, cut lengthwise in half and run your knife through it lengthwise. Then dice into the same size pieces as your other veg. Sweat your vegetables in the oil until they are translucent, we arent looking to add any colour to your vegetable mix. Season with salt to taste
- Add the Dijon mustard to your vegetables and stir in so that the vegetables are coated as they cook.
- Pour in one cup of dry white wine and allow that to reduces little, then add 2 big handfuls of button mushrooms to your pan. Pour in one cup of low sodium chicken stock, bring up the heat to get it to a light bubble and allow to reduce by half.
- Remove your potatoes from the boiling water and stir these in with your vegetables, then add one can of the Cream of Chicken condensed soup and stir in thoroughly. Add a little more chicken stock to help create velvety texture for your sauce. Stir consistently.
- Your chicken skins should be crisped up by this point, so you can flip these over for the last few minutes.
- Take three stems of tarragon and pick the leaves to chop up and add to your vegetable pan. Finely slice half a bunch of chives and add to your pan, then chop up some fennel fronds and add these to the pan as well to build more anise flavour.
- Add lemon zest, and the juice of one lemon cheek to your sauce. Season with pepper.
- Scoop your sauce onto a large platter and rest your chicken thighs, skin up, on top. Garnish with a couple picked fennel fronds and a drizzle of olive oil to bring it altogether.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Chicken Soup
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox