Products you'll need:
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) butter, divided
- 1 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) medium potatos
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) shaved carrot
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 carton Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Seafood Broth
- 1 tsp (5 mL) whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sherry wine
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cans crabmeat
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, potatoes and shaved carrots. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove and put in bowl.
- In the large pot, add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Add flour and whisk constantly over medium heat until roux becomes light brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in Seafood broth, whisking constantly to make sure soup stays smooth.
- Add sautéed onions, shaved carrots and potatoes, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cream, sherry wine, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and crab meat (can substitute with Lobster or Shrimp) and simmer for 5 more minutes.
Replace Crab with either Lobster, Shrimp or Clams
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox