Garlic and Herb Mussel Linguine
Products you'll need:
- 1 carton Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Seafood Broth
- 1 lb (454 g) dry linguine noodles
- 4 lb (1.82 kg) mussels
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or any other crisp, herbal white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In large pot, bring broth and pasta to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is al dente and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 min
- Meanwhile, rinse the mussels well under cold water. Pick them over, pulling off any beards and discarding any mussels that are broken or open.
- In a large pot with a lid, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant and soft but not coloured, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels, wine, and half of the parsley. Increase the heat to high; cover. After 2 minutes, remove the lid and toss the mussels well with a large spoon. Cover the pot again and cook until the mussels have opened wide, another 3 to 4 minutes. Discard any mussels that did not open.
- Add pasta to the mussels with the remaining parsley, giving the mussels a final toss, and divide the pasta and mussels over four shallow bowls and serve with crusty bread.
If desired, substitute the mussels for clams.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox