Jo’s Vegetarian Pho
- Place the onion and ginger on a baking sheet and roast under the broiler for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until they start to char
- In a skillet, toast the star anise, cloves, peppercorns, cardamom, cinnamon stick for a couple minutes until they get aromatic. Place them in a tea strainer.
- In a large soup pot heat the olive oil and sesame oil then add the king mushrooms and saute until they start to brown.
- Add the roasted onion and ginger then pour all the pho broth in the pot. Add the carrots, cinnamon stick and the tea strainer. Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes, until the broth develops a rich and deep flavor. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions.
- Remove the onion, ginger, spices and cinnamon stick from the pot, then add the bok choy and cook for 1 more minute.
- Assemble the soup by first adding noodles, then king mushrooms, bok choy, tofu, Enoki mushrooms, green onions, cilantro bean sprouts the pouring the hot broth to a bowl. Enjoy with some fresh lime juice, hot sauce and hoisin sauce.
Toppings: Enoki mushrooms, Medium firm tofu, Green onions, Cilantro, Bean sprouts, Fresh lime juice, Hot sauce, Hoisin sauce
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready To Use Pho Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox