Pan Roasted Tuscan Chicken with Chestnut sauce
Our Pan Roasted Tuscan Chicken with Chesnut Sauce recipe is rustic and delicious. With prosciutto and chesnuts in a light sauce, this one-pan dinner will delight!
- Warm oil in a large heavy bottom oven proof skillet,sear chicken skin side down only,until well browned,about 6-8 minutes. Do not turn chicken breasts over! Transfer to 375°F (190°C) oven and roast for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Pour off excess oil and add prosciutto and shallots to pan. Sauté over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add chestnuts and thyme and sauté 3-4 minutes more.
- Add stock to deglaze pan,scraping any brown bits from bottom of pan,and simmer over medium-high heat until sauce is reduced by half,about 4-5 minutes.
- Arrange chicken breasts on serving platter or plates and spoon sauce over chicken.
- For a more adventurous version of this recipe try slicing a lemon very thinly,almost see-through,and inserting a slice under the skin of each breast before cooking.
- You can find peeled roasted chestnuts in the frozen food section of most grocery stores.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Chicken stock
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox