Pan seared Duck Breast with dried Cranberry Orange Reduction
- Place a large heavy bottom skillet over medium heat and sear duck breasts,skin side down,for 8-10 minutes to crisp skin.
- Transfer pan to a 375°F (190°C) oven and roast to desired doneness,10-12 minutes for medium. Remove breasts from oven and keep warm.
- Pour off fat from the pan use for the breast and discard. Place pan over medium-high heat and add shallots and cranberries. Sauté for 1 minute,then add orange juice to deglaze,scraping any browned bits from bottom of pan. Simmer until the pan is almost dry and the juice is syrup-like.
- Add stock and pepper and simmer until reduced by half or until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir in orange zest.
- Place duck breasts skin side down on a cutting board and slice thinly at an angle. Transfer to plates and pool sauce around sliced duck.
- PLANNING TO COOK GLUTEN-FREE? Before preparing a recipe always read product labels to ensure each ingredient is gluten-free. Products and ingredients can change.
- For a different flavour try substituting other dried berries like cherries or blueberries,instead of cranberries,or even a different juice other than orange.
- Duck is red meat and as such is best cooked pink to preserve its tenderness and natural juices.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Beef stock
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox