Peach-Mango Shrimp, Pineapple and Avocado Salad
This dinner salad is easy enough for a weeknight, but special enough for guests. Quick-cooking shrimp gets a tasty boost from Peach Mango Jalapeno Salsa and a few easy add-ins. Toss with tropical pineapple and creamy avocado for a simple main dish that’s bursting with flavour.<br />
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the shrimp, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes or until pink and opaque. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss together the pineapple, red pepper, salsa, remaining oil and half of the green onions. Season as desired.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 plates or a platter. Arrange avocado slices over top. Top with pineapple mixture, then shrimp. Sprinkle with remaining green onions.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Buy shrimp with tails off or on either one will work! You can also use whatever lettuce you have on hand, such as Boston, or green leaf.
- Skip the cooking entirely by buying already cooked frozen shrimp just thaw, and skip the first step of the recipe, reducing the oil to 1 tablespoon.
Recipe Made With
Pace® Peach Mango Medium Salsa
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox