Rack of Lamb with Roasted Garlic Pan Sauce
Make Friday night dinner special with our Rack of Lamb with Roasted Garlic Pan Sauce recipe. This dish combines savoury lamb with a delicious garlic and red wine sauce that's ready in just 30 minutes!
- Season lamb racks with black pepper and rub each half rack with 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Warm oil over medium-high heat in a large heavy bottom skillet and sear racks,fat side down,until well browned,about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn racks over,bone side down,add smashed garlic cloves to the pan and transfer to a 375°F (190°C) oven and roast to just below desired doneness. Remove from oven and set lamb aside; lamb will continue to cook while resting,and juices will be locked in.
- Meanwhile,pour off all but 1 tsp of oil and place pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 1 minute until translucent.
- Add wine and while it is simmering,squash garlic cloves with the back of a wooden spoon or potato masher,to a coarse,paste-like consistency. Cook wine until almost dry. Add stock and reduce until sauce will coat the back of a spoon,about 6-8 minutes. Stir in fresh oregano.
- Slice lamb racks between bones to make chops and pour sauce over lamb.
- PLANNING TO COOK GLUTEN-FREE? Before preparing a recipe always read product labels to ensure each ingredient is gluten-free. Products and ingredients can change.
- For a more refined presentation,strain sauce through a fine mesh sieve and stir in 2 tbsp of chopped parsley and 1 tbsp of soft butter.
- By changing the fresh herbs in the recipe you can really change the flavour; try this with fresh mint in the spring and rosemary in the winter.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Beef stock
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox