Roasted Corn & Garlic Sopa Verde
Also known as green corn soup, this soup has a unique and delicious flavour. Roasting the corn and garlic brings out wonderful layers of flavour, and combining them with our Salsa Verde results in a soup that is truly out of the ordinary.
- Set the oven to 400°F. While the oven is heating, place the corn into a shallow roasting pan. Add 2 teaspoons oil and toss to coat.
- Place the garlic onto a large square of aluminum foil. Drizzle the garlic with 1 teaspoon oil. Fold the corners of the foil over the garlic and twist to seal.
- Roast the corn and the garlic for 30 minutes or until the corn has begun to brown and the garlic is soft. Crush the garlic in a small bowl with a fork until it forms a paste.
- Heat the remaining oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the corn, garlic, chicken, salsa verde and broth in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste. Sprinkle with the cilantro. Serve with the sour cream, if desired.
Recipe Made With
Pace® Salsa Verde
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox