Shrimp Fried Rice
Products you'll need:
- 2 cups (500 mL) jasmine rice
- 1 carton Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Seafood Broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 lb (454 g) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ginger
- 6 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- In medium saucepan, bring rice and broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss cornstarch with shrimp until coated.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat; add ginger and shrimp and cook shrimp just until opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, green onions and peas and cook to heat through. Pour egg and soy sauce over top and cook for one minute more. The heat from rice will cook egg.
- Serve with lime wedges and crushed peanuts if desired.
- This recipe keeps well in the fridge and will taste just as delicious as leftovers.
Ratings & Reviews
Quick & Easy
Tried this tonite, Quick & tasty! I tried it per recipe but put 1.5tbsp extra Soya as we prefer rice bit darker. Then on my small 2nd serving I added about 1tbsp more soya and to me much better but that's personal preference. Found over all it was quite filling meal & .Intend to do this again but would add different mix of veggies. Lobster, scallops would make a different variation or combine these with shrimp. Just have fun with it. Cooked 2c rice but when combined in skillet thought 1.5c would do it so I have plenty extra (good) for leftover in next couple days.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox