Simple Fish Chowder
Products you'll need:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried dill
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
- 2 Yukon gold potato, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 carton Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Seafood Broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) heavy cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped raw skinless fish fillet
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen corn niblets, thawed
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat; sauté celery, carrot, onion, bay leaf, dill, thyme, salt and pepper for about 3 min or until onions start to brown. Stir in potatoes and flour; sauté for 2 min.
- Increase heat to medium-high; stir in broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and boil for about 15 min or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir in cream; bring to a simmer, stirring often. Stir in fish and corn; simmer, stirring often for 5 min or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork or seafood is hot. Discard bay leaf. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Use whatever fish is freshest at the market for the best flavour.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox