A classic that kids love! For a real crowd pleaser any day of the week, feed the masses with this simple recipe that will keep everyone coming back for seconds. This dish will quickly turn into a weeknight staple that is simple, fast and affordable.
- To make the base of your sloppy joe mix, first add roughly chopped carrot, 1⁄2 white onion, 1 peeled and smashed garlic and the cheek of one red pepper into a food processer. Add a 1⁄4 cup of olive oil and pulse until finely chopped and combined.
- Add this to a large pot on medium-high heat and sauté. Add a little more olive oil as needed, and then stir in your dry mustard, chilli powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, cumin, cinnamon. Once your spices are incorporated, add yellow mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, tomato puree and 1 cup of Campbells beef broth. Now, add your beef and break it apart in your pot using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, make sure to season as you go with salt and pepper as well.
- Bring your pot to a boil and then simmer on a low heat, with the lid off, to reduce and fortify, until the liquid is almost gone. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once reduced, remove your pot from the heat and set aside. Butter both sides of your hamburger buns, and toast face down in a separate pan on medium heat.
- Spoon your sloppy joe mix onto your hamburger buns and top with a generous amount of sliced dill pickles. Serve and enjoy (more than one if you want!)
Special EquipmentFood processor
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Beef Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox