Smokey Chipotle Braised Chicken
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag combine flour and chicken and toss to thoroughly coat chicken.
- Warm oil over medium-high heat in a large roasting pan or Dutch oven and sauté chicken until well browned. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Discard oil.
- To the same roasting pan,add onion,celery,and carrot and cook until soft,about 2-3 minutes. Add tomato paste,chipotle pepper and smoked paprika cook 1 minute more.
- Return chicken to pan and cover with stock,bring to a boil and transfer to oven. Bake covered at 325°F (170°C) for 90 minutes. Remove chicken and 2 tbsp (15 mL) of vegetables (for serving presentation),keep warm.
- Transfer the remaining contents of the roasting pan to a saucepan and puree with a hand blender.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables on platter or individual plates and spoon braising sauce over chicken.
- Adjust the spiciness of the dish by increasing or decreasing the amount of chipotle.
- You can add dimension and complexity to the flavour of this dish by adding sweet herbs like tarragon or mint.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Chicken stock
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox