Sweet Potato Dip
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 1/2 cups or 625 mL)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- Ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) chopped pecans, toasted
- Peel the potatoes. Place the potatoes into a 3-quart saucepan and add water to cover. Heat over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes well in a colander. Return the potatoes to the saucepan. Mash the potatoes.
- Stir the potatoes,syrup,butter,lemon juice,ginger,nutmeg,black pepper and 3 tablespoons pecans in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining pecans. Serve with Pepperidge Farm cracker chips for dipping.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
|Vitamin A||30 %DV|
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox