Veal Osso Bucco
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag combine veal shanks and flour; toss to thoroughly coat.
- Warm oil in a large heavy bottom ovenproof saucepan or Dutch oven,over medium heat. Sauté veal shanks on both sides until well browned,about 3-4 minutes. Remove shanks and set aside.
- Add onion,celery and carrot and cook until soft,about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and tomato paste and cook 1 minute more.
- Add wine to deglaze,scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan and cook until wine is reduced by half.
- Return shanks to saucepan/dutch oven and cover with stock. Bring to a simmer,add thyme,cover and transfer to a 325°F (170°C) oven. Bake for 2 hours or until shanks are very tender.
- Remove shanks from pot and arrange on a serving platter,or in shallow bowls. Spoon braising sauce liberally over meat.
- For a more refined presentation,puree braising liquid and vegetables,pass through a fine mesh sieve,and stir in fresh chopped parsley before spooning over meat.
- Try experimenting by adding other intensely flavoured ingredients to this dish like black olives or sundried tomatoes!
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Beef stock
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox