Easy Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until light golden. Add garlic, cook and stir for 30 seconds. Transfer to plate. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in soup, water and paprika (optional). Cook, stirring often, until boiling.
- Stir in chicken, vegetables and rice. Simmer, covered, over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
- Substitute shrimp, sliced sausage or cubed pork tenderloin for the chicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, dill or parsley.
- For a little spice, substitute 2 tsp (10 mL) Cajun seasoning for the paprika.
Did you make this?
Cooked this. It tasted good; made enough for two older folks for two meals. However, where are the mushrooms? Unless one adds mushrooms in with the 2 cups of veggies, there's NO mushrooms. WRONG TITLE NAME!!!
Ruth H. | March 6, 2018
Was this helpful?(1Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
I didn't have high hopes, it still failed to impress
I knew this recipe wasn't going to result in risotto, but as we enjoy many rice dishes, I decided to try it, hoping it could become a quick mid week favourite. I followed the recipe to the letter, no one would eat it. I couldn't blame them, they are not fussy eaters but this is a tasteless gloopy mess. The person who devised this MAY have sat next to someone who has eaten risotto, but that's the nearest this comes to resembling anything edible. DIsappointed
fi h. | February 22, 2018
Was this helpful?(0Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are