Classic Beef Chili
- In large nonstick saucepan,heat oil over medium-high heat; cook beef for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned all over. Pour off any fat and discard.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in onion,green and red peppers, celery, carrot, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 7 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes or until dark red colour.
- Pour in broth, diced tomatoes, and red kidney beans; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until beef is tender and sauce is thickened. Garnish with cilantro.
- Add chorizo sausage with the beef for a spicy kick if desired.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, green onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic cloves, black beans, hot sauce or any of your familys favourite chili fixings.
- Additionally, this easy chili recipe can be prepared using ground beef.
- This chili recipe can also be prepared in a slow cooker.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef Broth
This Product Can Be Substituted With
Campbell’s® Concentrated Beef Broth
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox