Family Friendly Jerk Chicken with Green Rice & Beans
This Jerk chicken cooks up fast using the air-fryer, keep your weeknight meals effortless by doing your prep by marinating the chicken the night before. Using Campbell’s® Concentrated broth in your marinade helps to infuse the flavours and amp up the taste! If you like it hot, feel free to dial up the spice with some cayenne pepper! Have some fun and serve it with our green rice and beans, a Caribbean classic with a twist!
- Using ¼ cup of the broth, mix with the jerk seasoning to make a marinade. Coat the chicken well and let stand 30 min or refrigerate overnight for best flavour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve. Place chicken on rack in air fryer, set temperature to 375°F and cook for 25-30 min or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Heat a medium size pot over medium-high, sauté onions in oil for 3 minutes, then add the garlic, sauté for 1 minute. Add the rice and toast, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Pour in reserved marinade, scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the remaining broth, coconut milk, kidney beans, and bay leaf, stir well, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally so the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot, reduce heat to low and simmer covered until rice is cooked, about 13 minutes. Stir in spinach in the last two minutes of cooking. Remove bay leaf before serving. Enjoy!
- You can make your own Jerk seasoning with pantry staples you likely have! Combine one tablespoon each of cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder, then add one teaspoon each of allspice, thyme, salt and pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper, ground cloves and cumin. Save in an airtight jar. If you dont have all these dont fret, make do with what you have, itll still be great!
- No Air-Fryer, no worries, you can easily bake the chicken thighs in the oven, set your temperature to 400°F and roast until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 30 minutes.
Recipe Made With
Campbell’s® Concentrated Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox