Mushroom Rice Pilaf
This rice dish is packed with flavour; you’ll never want plain rice again! Skip the potatoes and try this recipe with your next steak dinner.
- Heat oil in a 3 qt. (2.85L) sauté pan over medium heat. Add in onions, sauté for 1 minute, then add in garlic and mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes stirring often.
- Stir in rice, thyme, salt and pepper, sauté for 1 minute, then slowly add in broth scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus, cover and continue to simmer 6 more minutes or until desired tenderness is reached. Turn off heat; let stand, covered for 3 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
- You can substitute dried thyme with 2 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- Try a whole grain option, substitute for a quick-cook brown and wild rice blend instead!
- Garnish with shaved parmesan.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S ® Ready To Use Mushroom Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox