Mushroom Rice Pilaf
This rice dish is packed with flavour; you’ll never want plain rice again! Skip the potatoes and try this recipe with your next steak dinner.
- Heat oil in a 3 qt. (2.85L) sauté pan over medium heat. Add in onions, sauté for 1 minute, then add in garlic and mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes stirring often.
- Stir in rice, thyme, salt and pepper, sauté for 1 minute, then slowly add in broth scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus, cover and continue to simmer 6 more minutes or until desired tenderness is reached. Turn off heat; let stand, covered for 3 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
- You can substitute dried thyme with 2 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- Try a whole grain option, substitute for a quick-cook brown and wild rice blend instead!
- Garnish with shaved parmesan.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are