20-minute Chicken & Rice Dinner
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Made with chicken broth, seasoned chicken and cream
•Low in fat
•Low in cholesterol
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1.5 cups (375 mL) water
- 2 tsp (10 mL) paprika (optional)
- 2 cups (500 mL) mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, corn, peas),
- 1.5 cups (375 mL) dry instant white rice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-heat heat. Cook chicken,stirring often,for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in soup,water and paprika. Cook,stirring often,until boiling. Stir in chicken,rice and vegetables. Simmer,covered over medium-low heat,for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Let stand,covered,for 5 minutes before serving.
- Substitute shrimp,sliced sausage or cubed pork tenderloin for the chicken.
- For a little added spice,substitute paprika for 1 tbsp (15 mL) of Cajun seasoning.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of fiber
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox