Apple and Fennel Quinoa Stuffing
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
•No artificial colours or flavours
•Prepared in Canada
•Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic vegetable flavor
•Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window) Buy Now
- 1 CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) uncooked red quinoa
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 medium macintosh apples, cored and diced into medium-sized pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped, separating whites and greens
- 1 cup (250 mL) toasted almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh sage
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, over medium high heat bring vegetable broth to a boil; add quinoa. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and oil until bubbly. Add apples, onion, fennel and whites of the scallions, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in almonds, quinoa, sage, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Serve warm or let cool completely if using to stuff a turkey.
- The stuffing can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored in an air-tight container. Heat in a covered casserole at 350°F (180°C) for 20 minutes.) Provide 1 or 2 tips on ingredient substitution, etc.
- Vegetable broth can be substituted with CAMPBELLS® Chicken broth.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving for a pop of colour!
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||5 g|
- Source of calcium
- Good Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox