Apple and Fennel Quinoa Stuffing
Enjoy this twist on a holiday classic by replacing traditional bread with quinoa for a lighter, healthier stuffing. This can be made and stuffed in the turkey or baked it in a casserole dish.
- In a large saucepan, over medium high heat bring vegetable broth to a boil; add quinoa. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and oil until bubbly. Add apples, onion, fennel and whites of the scallions, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in almonds, quinoa, sage, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Serve warm or let cool completely if using to stuff a turkey.
- The stuffing can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored in an air-tight container. Heat in a covered casserole at 350°F (180°C) for 20 minutes.) Provide 1 or 2 tips on ingredient substitution, etc.
- Vegetable broth can be substituted with CAMPBELLS® Chicken broth.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving for a pop of colour!
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are