Bacon & Broccoli Mashed Potato Bake
This dish is the perfect holiday lifesaver because it only takes a few minutes to put together and it stays creamy and fluffy, even when you make it a day ahead. Just pop it in the oven when you’re ready!
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water, 15 minutes until fork tender, adding broccoli in last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain well. Return to pan; mash until desired consistency.
- Add soup, 1 cup (250 mL) of the cheese, eggs, mustard, thyme, salt, pepper (optional) and parsley (optional). Mix well; scrape into 3 qt (2.85 L) baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden and slightly puffed.
- Potatoes retain a great deal of heat. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving
- You can use a generous pinch of dried thyme instead of fresh, if you dont have fresh on hand.
- To make-ahead, follow first 3 steps as directed, cover and refrigerate for up to a day. Uncover and bake as directed, adding 5 to 10 minutes to cooking time.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are