Balsamic Braised Baby Potatoes
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Prepared in Canada
- Fat free
- Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic chicken flavor
- Campbell's - #1 selling broth in Canada! VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups (500 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 2.2 lb (998 g) baby potatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grainy brown mustard,
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Cook bacon for 3 to 5 minutes in a large skillet set over medium heat or until golden and crisp.
- Stir in onion and thyme; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add broth to deglaze, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Toss potatoes with vinegar, brown sugar, mustard and salt. Add to pan and bring to a boil. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Remove lid and reduce heat to low. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and pan is dry.
- For a festive seasonal twist try adding roasted nuts to the recipe.
- You may use any baby potato or fingerlings depending on what you have available; just remember, it is important that the potatoes be cut in half.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
|Vitamin A||3 %DV|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of fiber
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox