Balsamic Braised Baby Potatoes
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Prepared in Canada
- Fat free
- Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic chicken flavor
- Campbell's - #1 selling broth in Canada! VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups (500 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 2.2 lb (998 g) baby potatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grainy brown mustard,
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Cook bacon for 3 to 5 minutes in a large skillet set over medium heat or until golden brown and crisp.
- Stir in onion and thyme; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add broth to deglaze, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Toss potatoes with vinegar, brown sugar, mustard and salt. Add to pan and bring to a boil. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Remove lid and reduce heat to low. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and pan is dry.
- For a festive seasonal twist to this comfort food dish, add roasted nuts to this potato recipe.
- You may use any kind of potato to complete this recipe including red potatoes or sweet potatoes. For larger potatoes cube the potato.You may use any baby potato or fingerlings depending on what you have available; just remember, it is important that the potatoes be cut in half.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
|Vitamin A||3 %DV|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox