Beef and Orange Stir-fry
Products you'll need:
- 2 each orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) hoisin sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Beef Broth With Red Wine
- 1 lb (454 g) trimmed boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 cups (1 L) broccoli florets
- 4 each green onion, cut into 1-inch lengths
- In a small bowl, whisk together oranges, garlic, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce and broth. In a medium bowl, toss beef with cornstarch until well coated.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Working in batches brown beef on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Pour broth mixture into skillet, and boil until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Add broccoli and cook just to tender crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Return beef and orange mixture to the skillet and add the green onions. Toss until coated and heated through. Serve hot over rice
Use the remaining broth to cook 1 cup (250 mL) of Jasmine rice and serve with the stir-fry
Ratings & Reviews
I was very surprised that this recipe was so bad! The recipe is flawed, in the first direction, it says:In a small bowl, whisk together oranges, garlic, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce and broth. In a medium bowl, toss beef with cornstarch until well coated. In the final instruction,:Return beef to skillet with the orange segments and green onions. Toss until coated and heated through. Serve hot over rice The orange segments were already added! also 1 Tbsp of cornstarch is not near enough for the 1 lb of beef! Will not make again
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox