Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Beef BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
•Prepared in Canada using only All Natural Flavours
•Seasoned to perfection with a blend of spices for a rich, authentic beef flavor
•Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window) Buy Now
- 1 kilogram beef for stew cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 24 pearl onions, peeled
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 36 button mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped double smoked bacon
- 1 1 large cooking onion, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) full bodied red wine
- 2 cups (500 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Beef Broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 fresh bay leaf,
- 4 large sprigs thyme, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary,
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Toss beef in flour, salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil and brown beef in batches. Transfer beef to a plate beef and add pearl onions and butter. Brown them until lightly golden then add mushrooms. When mushrooms are golden, remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute bacon and cooking onion until pale gold, about 10 minutes. Add wine to the pan, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Stir in broth. Return the beef and accumulated juices into the broth with the garlic, bay leaves, thyme and rosemary. Bring to a simmer, cover and place in the oven at 350F for 90 minutes. Stir the mushrooms and onions back to the pan and cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox