Beef Taco Skillet
The flavours of the Southwest come alive in this easy skillet supper featuring ground beef, salsa, tortillas and Cheddar. It’s a family favourite that’s on the table in just 25 minutes. To make getting dinner on the table even faster, you can make this recipe ahead and freeze it. See the tips section for how.
- Brown the ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often and breaking up beef with spoon, about 8 minutes. Pour off any fat. Reduce heat to medium; add tomato paste, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add salsa and tortillas in the skillet; stir and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir the beef mixture. Top with the cheese. Let stand, covered, for 3 minutes until cheese melts, if desired.
- Top with sour cream or Greek yogurt, green onions and sliced or diced avocado, if desired. Or, top with your favourite taco toppings.
- Make Ahead Freezer Meal: Prepare the beef mixture as directed but do not top with the cheese (youll use it after reheating). Cool completely. Spoon the cooled mixture into a gallon-size resealable freezer bag. Seal bag (removing air) and freeze (you can freeze the remaining cheese, too, in a resealable freezer bag). Cook frozen or thawed mixture in a 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat until hot (you may need to add ¼ cup water if heating from frozen) and stirring occasionally. Top with the cheese.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are