Beef Wellington Bites
All the flavours of Beef Wellington made into this bite sized melt-in-your-mouth morsels. Perfect for holiday entertaining.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Sear beef on all sides. Set aside. Season with half of the salt and pepper. Let cool.
- In same skillet, melt butter over high heat. Cook mushrooms and shallots with remaining salt and pepper until shallots are tender, about 3 minutes. Pour in broth, scraping any brown bits from the pan and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 2 minutes. Stir in rosemary and let mixture cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll puff pastry. Cut each into 16 squares. Place one piece of meat onto each square and about a tablespoon of the mushroom mixture. Fold pastry edges over the meat and pinch to seal. (They can be frozen at this point and kept for up to 3 months; bake for an extra 6-8 minutes if using from frozen)
- Place on prepared baking sheets and brush with egg wash and sprinkle with remaining salt. Bake about 12 minutes or until golden-brown.
Like things spicy? Serve these with your favourite grainy mustard or horseradish for an extra kick.
Recipe Made With
Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Beef Broth With Red Wine
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox