Black Bean and Cheddar-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Microwave the sweet potatoes on microwave-safe plate on high about 15 minutes, turning once, until tender; let it cool slightly. Cut in half and carefully scoop out flesh into bowl, leaving ¼-inch border.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat soup and broccoli until steaming.
- Mash sweet potato flesh; stir in soup mixture, beans, chilli powder and half of the cheese. Arrange sweet potato skins on baking sheet. Mound bean mixture back into skins. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 8 minutes, or until hot and melted. Sprinkle with onions.
- Try to find sweet potatoes that are about 5 inches long for this recipe and weigh about 10 to 12 oz each. Sweet potatoes come in varying sizes and microwave wattages vary, so keep testing the potatoes throughout microwaving, until they are tender.
- Serve with your favourite side salad and top your potatoes with Pace® Salsa and sour cream or Greek yogurt, if desired. You can also add chopped fresh cilantro!
- If you dont have a microwave, you can bake the sweet potatoes before stuffing them. Just arrange the pricked sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F (200°C) for 50 to 60 minutes, turning once, or until tender.
Recipe Made With
Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Perhaps more spice
I liked this recipe, however my husband found it to be bland. We did add some sour cream on top, but I think perhaps adding a spice like cumin might help. I also was unsure if I needed to add water with the soup. I added one soup can of water just in case. I would make it again but with more spices next time ;)
C W. | November 3, 2019
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox