Black Bean and Cheddar-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Looking for an easy, hearty vegetarian main that cooks in about 30 minutes? Look no further. This satisfying stuffed baked potato is packed with black beans, broccoli and cheese – no one will miss the meat!
- Microwave the sweet potatoes on microwave-safe plate on high about 15 minutes, turning once, until tender; let it cool slightly. Cut in half and carefully scoop out flesh into bowl, leaving ¼-inch border.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat soup and broccoli until steaming.
- Mash sweet potato flesh; stir in soup mixture, beans, chilli powder and half of the cheese. Arrange sweet potato skins on baking sheet. Mound bean mixture back into skins. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 8 minutes, or until hot and melted. Sprinkle with onions.
- Try to find sweet potatoes that are about 5 inches long for this recipe and weigh about 10 to 12 oz each. Sweet potatoes come in varying sizes and microwave wattages vary, so keep testing the potatoes throughout microwaving, until they are tender.
- Serve with your favourite side salad and top your potatoes with Pace® Salsa and sour cream or Greek yogurt, if desired. You can also add chopped fresh cilantro!
- If you dont have a microwave, you can bake the sweet potatoes before stuffing them. Just arrange the pricked sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F (200°C) for 50 to 60 minutes, turning once, or until tender.
Recipe Made With
Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox