Coconut Curry Chicken and Peas
This creamy coconut curry chicken dish is whipped together for a simple dinner bursting with flavour. Serve it with hot cooked rice, top with great green pea sauce. It is sure to impress your family!
- Season the chicken as desired. Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. (Make sure the skillet and oil are hot before adding the chicken it will jump start the browning and prevent the chicken from sticking.) Add the chicken and cook for at least 3 minutes before turning (if it doesn't turn easily give it another minute on that side) then cook until both sides are well browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Add the curry powder to the skillet and cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and heat to a boil, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in the soup and peas and heat to a boil.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Season to taste.
- If you dont have coconut milk on hand, use water
- Serve on rice with lime wedges and fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Want to add more veggies? Add 1 cup sliced or chopped peppers or thinly sliced carrots in with the peas.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are