One Pot Vegetarian Carbonara
Mushrooms and smoked Cheddar replace bacon and add a meaty smokiness to this creamy classic pasta dish. And the sauce and pasta all cooks in one pot!
- In large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms until golden brown, about 6 minutes; stir in garlic. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Stir in soup, broth and salt; cook, stirring until simmering. Add pasta to pan. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until pasta is almost tender but still firm and sauce is mostly absorbed.
- Add the peas, Cheddar and Parmesan; cook 2 minutes, stirring, until cheese is melted and sauce is desired consistency. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
- This recipe will still be delicious without using a smoked cheese. Old Cheddar, Gruyere or any aged cheese will taste wonderful.
- Top with additional Parmesan, if desired.
- You can add extra veggies, if you like. Try adding 2 cups baby spinach leaves with the peas. As you stir it, theyll wilt down into the mixture.
Recipe Made With
Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Cauliflower Soup
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox