Broccoli and Cheddar Soup with Parmesan Cheese
- In Dutch oven or large saucepan (4 qt),melt butter over medium heat; cook onion,stirring often,for about 7 minutes or until softened but not browned. Add flour; cook,stirring constantly,for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add broth,stirring constantly; bring to boil. Add broccoli,garlic,salt and pepper; simmer,partially covered,for 15 minutes or until broccoli is very tender.
- Purée soup with Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses,in batches,using blender or immersion blender until very smooth. Return to saucepan; stir in cream. Heat until simmering but not boiling. Garnish with pancetta (if using).
- Substitute blue cheese for Parmesan cheese for a more pungent soup.
- Garnish soup with small,cooked broccoli florets and additional shredded Cheddar or grated Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with sour cream before serving if desired.
- For a more indulgent soup,substitute 35% cream for the 10% cream.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox