Bruschetta Chicken Simmer
Products you'll need:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 4 (about 1 lb/454 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper (optional)
- 2 chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup (250 mL) low fat (1%) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups (500 mL) grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) torn fresh basil leaves
- Heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken all over with a pinch of the pepper (optional). Cook chicken 4 minutes per side until browned. Transfer to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in onions and remaining pepper if using. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes until softened. Stir in garlic; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in soup, milk and 4 tsp of the vinegar; bring to a simmer, stirring often. heat until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Meanwhile, toss tomatoes with remaining oil and vinegar. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with basil.
Using a no-salt added soup helps you control the sodium in your recipe. Season the sauce with salt to taste, if you like.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Source of fiber
- Source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox