Bruschetta Chicken Simmer
Products you'll need:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb/454 g)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper (optional)
- 2 chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup (250 mL) low fat (1%) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups (500 mL) grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) torn fresh basil leaves
- Heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the oil in a large non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken all over with a pinch of the pepper (optional). Cook chicken 4 minutes per side until browned. Transfer to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in onions and remaining pepper if using. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes until softened. Stir in garlic; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in soup, milk and 4 tsp of the vinegar; bring to a simmer, stirring often. heat until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Meanwhile, toss tomatoes with remaining oil and vinegar. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with basil.
Using a no-salt added soup helps you control the sodium in your recipe. Season the sauce with salt to taste, if you like.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Source of fiber
- Source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox