Butternut Squash Soup with Sage
Butternut squash, sweet apple and onion are pureed to make a smooth and luscious butternut squash soup that's loaded with incredible flavour.
- Heat the butter and oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium heat. Add the squash, apples, onion and sage and cook until the vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir the broth in the saucepot. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the squash mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serving Suggestion: Top each serving with a swirl of crème fraîche, toasted pumpkin seeds and/or additional fresh sage leaves.
- Make Ahead: Prepare as directed. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month. If frozen, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before re-heating. To re-heat, pour the butternut squash sage soup into a saucepot and heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox