Cheese and Double Smoked Bacon Fondue
- Toss Gruyère,Fontina and Gouda cheeses with cornstarch until evenly combined; set aside. Set heatproof fondue pot or large,heavy-bottom saucepan over medium heat; cook bacon,stirring occasionally,until crisp. Drain on paper towel–lined plate. Wipe out pot.
- Add broth to pot; bring to simmer. Add cheese,a handful at a time,stirring until each handful is completely melted before adding the next one. Reduce heat if necessary. (Cheese should melt easily but should not boil.)
- Stir in lemon juice,mustard,pepper,nutmeg and half of the bacon. Sprinkle remaining bacon over top. Serve immediately with assorted dippers.
Cubed bread,such as French stick,sourdough or pumpernickel
Boiled baby new potatoes,halved
Lightly steamed veggies,such as broccoli,cauliflower,asparagus
Granny Smith apple slices
Sliced,hot cooked sausage
- Replace Fontina with aged Cheddar cheese and add 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce with the mustard for an English twist.
- Reduce sodium by using Campbell’s® Ready to Use 30% Less Sodium or No Salt Added Chicken Broth.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are