Cheesy Poutine Casserole
This recipe provides a better-for-you option than fried potatoes, offering great French fry taste without the hassle of deep frying.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Meanwhile, cook fries in large pot of boiling salted water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender-crisp; drain.
- Layer half of the fries, gravy, cheese and green onions in greased 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Repeat layers. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown, bubbling and potatoes are tender.
- White cheddar cheese can be substituted with cheese curds.
- Looking to prep ahead? Blanch potatoes one day ahead. Let cool, pat dry and refrigerate in airtight container.
- This recipe will also work well with frozen French fries, just be sure to pre-bake them for better results.
Recipe Made With
Franco American® Beef Gravy
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox