Cheesy Stuffed Peppers
These Tex-Mex stuffed peppers with ground chicken are a family-friendly recipe that everyone will love.
- Preheat broiler to high and position rack in centre of oven. Brush peppers with 4 tsp (20 mL) oil. Arrange on foil-lined baking sheet; broil, turning once, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook chicken, salt and pepper for about 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in rice and 1 cup (250 mL) salsa. Remove from heat. Stir in half of the cheese and green onions. Spoon into halved peppers; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining salsa and green onions before serving.
- Substitute ground beef or pork for chicken
- Substitute rice with barley, farro, cauliflower rice or quinoa to change things up
- Peppers can be substituted with mini peppers for a great appetizer option. The filling can also be used to stuff zucchini boats or Portobello mushrooms.
Recipe Made With
PACE® Chunky Medium Salsa
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox