Chicken in White Wine Sauce
In a few easy steps you’ll have a new weeknight favourite in your repertoire! Save your wine and try Campbell’s® Chicken Broth with White Wine instead, full of rich flavour for your recipes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Pat chicken dry with paper towel; rub with 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix dry spices together and sprinkle all over chicken.
- Heat a 4 qt (3.8L) Dutch oven pot on stovetop over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to pot, then garlic, sauté for 30 seconds; add in onions, sauté for 1 minute, push aside. Add chicken skin side down; cook for 6-8 minutes, or until nicely browned and comes off pan easily, turn over and add lemon juice, cook for 1 minute, stirring gently to scrap up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Pour in broth, tomatoes and olives, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon slices to pot, place in oven for 20 minutes or until internal temperature of 82°C (180°F) is reached, remove from oven and let rest for 3 minutes, garnish with fresh oregano before serving.
- Adding ½ can (270mL) of rinsed and drained chickpeas can boost the fiber in this recipe, toss in when you add the olives and tomatoes.
- To complete your meal, serve with quinoa for an added whole grain boost, the sauce is the perfect addition for it!
Recipe Made With
Campbell’s® Chicken Broth with White Wine
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox