Chicken in White Wine Sauce
In a few easy steps you’ll have a new weeknight favourite in your repertoire! Save your wine and try Campbell’s® Chicken Broth with White Wine instead, full of rich flavour for your recipes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Pat chicken dry with paper towel; rub with 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix dry spices together and sprinkle all over chicken.
- Heat a 4 qt (3.8L) Dutch oven pot on stovetop over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to pot, then garlic, sauté for 30 seconds; add in onions, sauté for 1 minute, push aside. Add chicken skin side down; cook for 6-8 minutes, or until nicely browned and comes off pan easily, turn over and add lemon juice, cook for 1 minute, stirring gently to scrap up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Pour in broth, tomatoes and olives, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon slices to pot, place in oven for 20 minutes or until internal temperature of 82°C (180°F) is reached, remove from oven and let rest for 3 minutes, garnish with fresh oregano before serving.
- Adding ½ can (270mL) of rinsed and drained chickpeas can boost the fiber in this recipe, toss in when you add the olives and tomatoes.
- To complete your meal, serve with quinoa for an added whole grain boost, the sauce is the perfect addition for it!
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are