Herbed Summer Peas and Pasta Salad
Nothing says summer quite like a tumble of peas, snow peas and snap peas, strewn with herbs. To this trio of peas, we add pasta, cooked in Campbell’s® Chicken Broth with White Wine for added flavour, and a simple sherry vinaigrette. This salad is the ultimate summer side dish for any potluck or summer meal.
- Bring the broth to a boil in a deep skillet. Add the pasta; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, uncovered, until cooled and liquid is almost absorbed, about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in shallots. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- When pasta is cooled, add to the dressing with the peas and herbs. Toss to coat.
- The mix of tarragon and dill is really fresh and flavourful in this salad, but you can use 1 to 2 tablespoons of whatever fresh leafy herbs you have on hand, such as fresh parsley or basil.
- Cook the peas and sugar snap peas in a large pot of boiling water 2 minutes until tender-crisp. Drain and refresh in ice water until cold. Drain again. Do this step while your pasta is cooling for time efficiency!
- Sherry can be substituted for white wine vinegar if desired.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are