Herbed Summer Peas and Pasta Salad
Nothing says summer quite like a tumble of peas, snow peas and snap peas, strewn with herbs. To this trio of peas, we add pasta, cooked in Campbell’s® Chicken Broth with White Wine for added flavour, and a simple sherry vinaigrette. This salad is the ultimate summer side dish for any potluck or summer meal.
- Bring the broth to a boil in a deep skillet. Add the pasta; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, uncovered, until cooled and liquid is almost absorbed, about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in shallots. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- When pasta is cooled, add to the dressing with the peas and herbs. Toss to coat.
- The mix of tarragon and dill is really fresh and flavourful in this salad, but you can use 1 to 2 tablespoons of whatever fresh leafy herbs you have on hand, such as fresh parsley or basil.
- Cook the peas and sugar snap peas in a large pot of boiling water 2 minutes until tender-crisp. Drain and refresh in ice water until cold. Drain again. Do this step while your pasta is cooling for time efficiency!
- Sherry can be substituted for white wine vinegar if desired.
Recipe Made With
Campbell’s® Chicken Broth with White Wine
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox