Crispy Parmesan Italian Chicken Simmer
Add some Italian flair to your weeknight dinner with this delicious all-in-one skillet dinner. The crispy bread crumb and Parmesan topping bring it to the next level.
- Heat half of the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken thighs, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil and the mushrooms to pan; reduce heat to medium and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the flour; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the broth and soup; bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the pan. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (170°F).
- Add the beans and kale. Cook, stirring, until kale is wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in basil.
- Mix the Parmesan and bread crumbs; sprinkle over mixture in pan. For extra crispiness, broil on the middle rack of the oven for 1 to 2 minutes, if desired.
- To toast bread crumbs or cracker crumbs, place in skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- If desired, substitute baby kale with spinach.
- Save time on prep by slicing your mushrooms, chopping the garlic and basil and opening and draining the beans while your chicken browns.
Recipe Made With
Campbell’s® Chicken Broth with White Wine
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox