How To Make Chicken Orzo
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, season chicken and cook until well browned, about 3 minutes per side. Push to side of pan and add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Cook and stir for 4 minutes until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.
- Add broth and soup to skillet and whisk to combine, then add orzo and carrots. Mix well and bring to a boil stirring often to prevent sticking to the bottom of pan. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until orzo is al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato and stir to combine. Serve garnished with basil strips and pepper.
- Love mushrooms? Try swapping the soup for Campbells® Cream of Mushroom Soup instead.
- For an even creamier dish, swap out 1 cup of broth for milk.
- Although orzo looks like rice, it is actually a small, smooth textured pasta made of hard wheat semolina.
Recipe Made With
Campbell’s® Chicken Broth with White Wine
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
This is an excellent dish, enjoyed by all my guests. I did make a couple of changes to the original recipe. I used more chicken and a variety of fresh, wild mushrooms. I used condensed cream of wild mushroom soup in place of the chicken soup. I omitted the water and the fresh tomato and I used a can of chopped heirloom tomatoes instead. Also I added some dried oregano and chopped fresh parsley as well as the basil.
Sandra C. | January 25, 2020
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox