In this simple version of a classic soup based on hominy, chicken replaces the traditional pork. It can be topped with a variety of garnishes, making it different every time.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, turning once, until golden, about 6 minutes. Add onion, and garlic cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, poblano peppers, cabbage and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook at a bare simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken. Discard bones, shred meat, and stir into soup with hominy. Bring to a simmer. Season with salt; serve with desired garnishes.
- Garnishes: cilantro, diced avocado, sliced radishes, shredded purple cabbage, corn tortilla chips, lime wedges
- Using the cilantro stems as an aromatic in all the recipes you use cilantro leaves, makes less waste and more flavour
Recipe Made With
Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Roasted Garlic Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox