In this simple version of a classic soup based on hominy, chicken replaces the traditional pork. It can be topped with a variety of garnishes, making it different every time.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, turning once, until golden, about 6 minutes. Add onion, and garlic cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, poblano peppers, cabbage and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook at a bare simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken. Discard bones, shred meat, and stir into soup with hominy. Bring to a simmer. Season with salt; serve with desired garnishes.
- Garnishes: cilantro, diced avocado, sliced radishes, shredded purple cabbage, corn tortilla chips, lime wedges
- Using the cilantro stems as an aromatic in all the recipes you use cilantro leaves, makes less waste and more flavour
Recipe Made With
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are