Classic Green Bean Casserole
- Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup of the onions in an 8-inch (1.5 qt) casserole.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C). for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
- For the cooked green beans: Use about 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cooked in boiling water for 2 minutes, drained and rinsed under cold running water; or use 1 pound frozen green beans, thawed, for this recipe.
- For Cheese Lovers: Stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with the soup. Omit the soy sauce. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.
- To add a festive touch: Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the soup.
- To add crunch: Add 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds to the onion topping.
- For bacon lovers: Add 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, to the bean mixture.
- Chef Tip: Try this Italian version with pancetta and rosemary! Cook 4 ounces pancetta, diced, in a skillet over medium heat until almost crisp. Add 1/4 cup chopped onion and 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves to the skillet and cook until onion is tender. Add the pancetta mixture to the soup mixture in Step 1. In Step 2, sprinkle the remaining French fried onions with 1 tablespoon grated Pecorino Romano cheese, then bake as directed in Step 3.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Cremini & Shiitake Mushroom
This Product Can Be Substituted With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox