Classic Holiday Stuffing
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Prepared in Canada
- Fat free
- Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic chicken flavor
- Campbell's - #1 selling broth in Canada! VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window) Buy Now
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh sage leaf, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) salt and pepper, each
- 12 cups (3 L) day old crusty bread cubes, about 3/4-inch (2 cm) pieces
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Melt butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add onion, celery, garlic, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 7 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Cool slightly.
- Toss vegetable mixture with bread, eggs and parsley. Stir in broth gradually until well combined. Transfer to a buttered 9x13-inch (3 L) casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set in the center and golden on top. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cook a large peeled and chopped Granny Smith apple with the vegetable mixture and add a handful of dried cranberries with the broth to add a touch of sweetness to this classic stuffing (as shown in recipe image).
- Make this stuffing gourmet by adding chopped roasted chestnuts and cooked, browned sausage, and fresh herbs.
- For those who are looking for a healthier alternatives for Thanksgiving Dinner, try our Low-Sodium Chicken Broth.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
- Source of calcium
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox