Classic Thai Chicken Soup (Tom Kha Gai)
This simplified version of the popular Thai dish saves hours by using the Thai Chicken broth. In Thai cuisine, salt is replaced with fish sauce giving it a distinct taste that is worth trying.
- Using the back of a knife, lightly smash lemongrass and ginger; cut lemongrass into 4 pieces. Bring lemongrass, ginger, cilantro stems, lime leaves, and broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until flavours are melded, 810 minutes. Strain broth into clean saucepan; discard solids.
- Add chicken and return to a boil. Reduce heat, add mushrooms, and simmer, skimming occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and mushrooms are soft, about 15 minutes. Mix in coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar.
- Divide soup among bowls. Serve with cilantro, Thai basil and lime wedges.
- Serve over white rice for a heartier, more authentic dish.
- If you cannot find lime leaves, substitute 1 Tbsp. lime zest and ¼ cup lime juice
Recipe Made With
Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Thai Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox