Coq Au Vin
Products you'll need:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) red wine
- 1/2 carton CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Chicken stock
- 10 button mushrooms, quartered
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag combine drumsticks and flour and toss to evenly coat the chicken.
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat in a preheated large heavy bottom pot or Dutch oven. Remove bacon from pot and set aside. Cook chicken pieces in oil from bacon until well browned,about 10-12 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion,carrot,and celery and cook until vegetables are tender,approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Add wine to deglaze pot,scraping any brown bits from bottom of the pot.
- Return chicken to pot; add stock,mushrooms and thyme,bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer,cover,and bake in a 325°F (170°C) oven for 90 minutes.
- Carefully remove chicken pieces from pot using a slotted spoon and arrange on serving platter. Spoon vegetables and sauce over chicken and serve.
- To make this dish a complete meal serve this with a light green salad and some crusty bread to soak up the juices.
- You may substitute any chicken pieces,not only drumsticks; try a mix of white and dark meat.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
- Source of fiber
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox