Coq Au Vin
Products you'll need:
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) red wine
- 1/2 carton CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Chicken stock
- 10 button mushrooms, quartered
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag combine drumsticks and flour and toss to evenly coat the chicken.
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat in a preheated large heavy bottom pot or Dutch oven. Remove bacon from pot and set aside. Cook chicken pieces in oil from bacon until well browned,about 10-12 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion,carrot,and celery and cook until vegetables are tender,approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Add wine to deglaze pot,scraping any brown bits from bottom of the pot.
- Return chicken to pot; add stock,mushrooms and thyme,bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer,cover,and bake in a 325°F (170°C) oven for 90 minutes.
- Carefully remove chicken pieces from pot using a slotted spoon and arrange on serving platter. Spoon vegetables and sauce over chicken and serve.
- To make this dish a complete meal serve this with a light green salad and some crusty bread to soak up the juices.
- You may substitute any chicken pieces,not only drumsticks; try a mix of white and dark meat.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox