Creamed Cabbage with Bacon
The classic dish at a Shanghainese restaurant captivates with its creamy sauce and soft and flavourfully braised cabbage. CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup provides the creaminess and flavour while making this dish easy to prepare. Using bacon instead of aged ham gives a creative twist to this classic.
- Rinse and cut cabbage lengthwise into quarters and set aside. Mix Cream of Bacon Soup and water.
- Lay cabbage flat onto a wide saucepan or a fry pan. Pour soup mixture over, and cook over medium heat, covered, for 12 minutes or until cabbage is very soft. If adding additional bacon, fry on a dry pan until very crispy.
- Remove cabbage to a plate. Boil the sauce on high heat to thicken and pour over cabbage. Garnish with crumbled bacon.
- Napa cabbage may also be called Chinese cabbage but is not the same as bok choy.
- Instead of baby Napa cabbage, you can also use the centre of a regular size one. The large leaves that are peeled away can be cut into chunks and cooked the same way and makes the dish equally delicious.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox