Creamy Chicken and Rice Bake
- Mix cream of mushroom soup,water,rice,onion powder and black pepper in shallow 2 qt (2 L) baking dish. Stir in vegetables (if frozen,thawed under running water).
- Top with chicken breasts. Sprinkle chicken with additional pepper,if desired. Cover.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender – about 45 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over chicken. Remove chicken and stir rice before serving.
- Feel free to experiment with different cheeses and dairy products. Try this recipe with parmesan cheese, cream cheese, or even sour cream.
- This recipe can also be completed using chicken broth, chicken soup, or chicken stock.
- Other potential ingredients include brown rice, garlic powder, and green beans.
Did you make this?
Creamy Chicken and Rice
I substituted Cream of Chicken for the Cream of Mushroom and Chicken Broth for the water. Delicious!
Seán G. | July 23, 2017
Was this helpful?(8Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
The trick is to make sure the soup, water, onion powder is well mixed together. The consistency has to be even everywhere. Then you add the rice and the veggies and mix once again. During the cooking, turn your platter around every 15 min for an even cook.
Claudie L. | September 6, 2017
Was this helpful?(2Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
Super easy and delicious
This recipe knocked me off of my feet. It was super easy to prepare, and I am, by no means, a good cook, so I didn't have high expectations. Rice was cooked through, and chicken was tender. I will definitely be making this again.
Tammy S. | October 18, 2020
I followed the recipe and put in oven for 45 min, Rice is not cooked! at all and the chicken is hard as a rock now! I read and re read if it needed to be covered? no make no mention what so ever in your recipe! but guessing that it did! you need to include that in recipe! if that is what it needs! I ruined my dinner my organic chicken not edible now! and uncooked rice! and not enough liquid either in that recipe! Very disappointed in CAMPBELL’S! Never again will I follow one of your recipes! waste of my food and time!
A Q. | July 17, 2020
Yummy and easy cleanup
Great for using up fresh veggies. Loved that could combine pop in oven and done in half an hour.
Betty M. | October 11, 2019
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are